Thursday, November 25, 2010

FM Holiday Parade of Lights

Happy Turkey Day! I want to thank my friends, family, pageant family, pets, and anyone else who has played a big or little part in my life and supported me through the years. I have been so blessed to have so many people by my side and teaching me from the very beginning of life.

Tuesday night was the Holiday Parade of Lights in downtown Moorhead and Fargo.  There were over 100 entrants in the parade that stretched from 11th St S and Center Ave in Moorhead to 6th Ave N and Broadway in Fargo.  The Moorhead pageant committee decorated a beautiful red truck in lights and two silver Christmas trees.  Miss Red River Valley's Outstanding Teen, Brianna Drevlow, rode with me through the parade enduring temperatures near zero degrees.  We each wrapped a blanket around our legs, wore scarfs, mittens, and snugged four blankets around our feet.  I had three layers underneath the blanket, mink coat, and boots!  By the end of the parade, my feet still froze even with all those layers.  Aside from the cold I had a great time!  The floats were so beautiful with all the fun lights, props, and decorations.  We saw the gingerbread man, elves, angels, snowmen, a penguin, and much more.  Here are some pictures from my experience.



       Elves working in the factory!                            Getting ready to bear the cold ride!

Always,
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson
Miss Moorhead 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment