Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Miss Minnesota Workshop Weekend!

Wow! Can you believe it is already April?  With the weather teasing us last month, March just flew by.  Last week my schedule was packed with scheduling for my senior year of classes, finishing my Miss Minnesota paperwork, attending Brianna's send off party, Miss Minnesota workshop, and the Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen pageant! 

Friday night my mom and I drove to Minneapolis for my Miss Minnesota workshop the next day.  I had so much fun finally meeting all the girls vying for the title of Miss Minnesota 2011!  There will be 21 of us girls spending a full week together.  Not only do we all have an interest in fashion, glitz, and scholarship money, but we also share a passion for serving others.  It was so fun to hear everyone's personal platform they have been working so hard on all year.

At the workshop we found out our contestant number, roommate, and what we will be doing the week of Miss Minnesota.  I am contestant number 17, which means I will be competing in Swimwear and Evening Gown Thursday night and Talent and On-stage Question Friday night. My roommate is the beautiful Allison Lordbock.  We both competed last year and spent time getting to know each other.  The week of Miss MN we will be going to the Minnesota State Zoo, the State Capitol, Gillette's Children Hospital, bowling, and out to eat at many restaurants that I don't normally go to.

Saturday evening was the Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen pageant!  My "little sister queen", Brianna Drevlow did an amazing job.  She was honored with the title of 2nd runner-up and won the talent award for her piano skills.  I am so proud of all the hard work she did preparing for the pageant and even more proud of the hard work she did promoting her platform to save our state parks.


At Brianna's Send off party
   Natalie Davis and Bethany Beniek                            Melissa Paakh and Emily Kallis

Some of the Miss Minnesota 2011 contestants

My mom joined me for the day!

Always,
Miss Moorhead 2010
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment