Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Teasing Spring

Well, we all thought March's weather teased us and hope was in the future for a warm April, but Mother Nature still is not ready to bring the sunshine. =)  Despite the weather, this month has been wonderful.  The first weekend started with the Miss Minnesota workshop where I was able to meet every girl competing for the job of Miss Minnesota!  That night, at the Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen pageant, opened my eyes to the realization that Miss Minnesota is just weeks away. 

This last weekend, I strapped on my heels, zipped my dress, curled my hair, and....stood beside my sister, Trinessa, as she confessed her love to her new husband, Chad, in front of their family, friends, and God.  It was so beautiful, elegant, and colorful.  My sister wanted a bright and warm wedding even though it was 35 degrees outside.  Miss Minnesota is going to be an amazing experience, but last weekend I gained a wonderful bother-in-law!  I was able to put my pageant knowledge to use, and I helped the girls paint their nails, do their hair, and put on makeup (eyelashes). 

We kept a huge secret from Chad until just before Trinessa walked down the aisle.  (No, not the dress)Instead of the doors opening to my father and sister walking towards Chad, the doors stayed closed and a new tune began.  My sister surprised Chad with her talented voice singing a famous Beatles song, "Til There Was You".  He was so shocked and enjoyed every minute of it.  The night ended with dinner, toasts, and dancing.

I wish Trinessa and Chad the best as they start their new life together and hope I can be an Auntie really soon!



Always,
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson
Miss Moorhead, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment