Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Salvation Army: Doing the Most Good

Monday morning I rang the bell for the Salvation Army once again.  I was so thankful to stand inside Cash Wise in Moorhead collecting money when I noticed it was snowing shortly after I started my shift.  The grocery store was much busier since it is the week of Christmas.  I estimated I collected about $95 in the two hours I was there.  That is three times more than I collected the last Monday I was there ringing the bell!  It is the season of giving and I hope all of you are doing your part giving to the less fortunate.

Today, I am hosting a fundraiser at the Perkins in Moorhead, MN.  If you eat there anytime today, 20% of your total bill will go to Children's Miracle Network at the Sanford Children's Hospital in Fargo.  People supporting my cause have to tell their server or cashier that they are eating for my fundraiser though, or their bill will not count towards my cause.  I will keep you posted on the success of my fundraiser.


Always,
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson
Miss Moorhead, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment