Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 2: Glitz Fashion Show & QOL Interview

Today was packed full of excitement for me.  We started the day at Glitz in the Mall of America for a fashion show.  Each girl wore two different dresses down the runway to model.  Some dress were long evening gowns and others were short cocktail dresses, but all were gorgeous and I am excepting donations from anyone to go towards my gown purchase foundations! : )  After the fashion show we had the chance to visit with viewers, many of whom were family members and friends.  I was lucky enough to have my aunt Karen and my cousins Samantha and Madison come to see me model.  Next, lunch!  Crave in the Mall of America is a huge sponsor for the Miss Minnesota Scholarship Program.  Not only did they feed us lunch today, but they also provide lunch for the judges and appetizers for the audience on each night of competition, so please be sure to thank them if you grab a treat.

Now it was time to get back to the hotel for a little down time before my Quality of Life interview.  The judges were amazing.  They were all so interested in what we had to say and very friendly.  I was so happy to have the opportunity to share my platform, Habitat for Humanity, with people who truly care about service and giving back to the community.

I had a wonderful day, but I am already exhausted so I will get some rest now before another long day.

My cousins; Madison and Samantha

Red, White, and Blue!
We are Quality of Life finalists.

Always,
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson
Miss Moorhead, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Miss Moorhead! I'm a MAO contestant from Ohio (still seeking my first local title...*sighhh*) I love that your blogging about your experience at the state competition & your platform! Habitat For Humanity is my platform also!

    Congrats on being a Quality of Life finalist and I wish you the best of luck at Miss Minnesota! Have fun!

    -Ashliegh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much! I am so glad you came across my blog and that we share the same platform! Best of luck to you as you continue to compete. Remember to be true to yourself and just let the real you shine through.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete