Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 3: Gillette, State Capitol, and Fuddrucker's

Today was a very busy day.  We started the day at Gillette Children's Hospital in St. Paul, MN.  This hospital is a Children's Miracle Network hospital and a place Kathryn visits often.  This year, Kathryn has raised $18,000 for Children's Miracle Network!  I met many incredible kids who are all so inspiring.  A very memorable moment for me today is when a mother really opened up to me about her child, Dominic, who has to have surgery because one leg is not growing as fast as the other and it is also growing outward.  She started to cry, so I started to cry of course.  I gave her a warm hug before checking in to the hospital and that moment reminded me of why I raise money for CMN and do service work in my community year after year.  Gillette has about 25,000 patients each year that come in for different needs.  Mostly, they work with brain and bone diseases and corrections.  The lab where they make the braces, prosthetic limbs, and skull caps is only 1 of 4 in the nation!  Gillette was so kind to us.  We made cookies with the children, played games, and they fed us a wonderful lunch from Panera!

Emma and the queens!

Jr. and the queens!

After lunch we visited the state capitol and we were lucky enough to meet Governor Mark Dayton!  He shook all of our hands before and after meeting us.  Each of us gave him our autograph cards and we took a picture with him.  He was so kind and generous enough to spare 15 minutes with us.

Governor Dayton surrounded by queens!


Dinner was at Fuddrucker's tonight for burgers and shakes!  By that time I was a little tired of pictures so the only one I got was of the cute "kiddie" door handle in the bathroom.  Until tomorrow, if I am not too tired...




Always,
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson
Miss Moorhead, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment