Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Flashback: Week after Miss MN

People seem to think everything slows down after Miss Minnesota and we go back to our normal lives.  I am here to tell you that is false!  It has taken me so long to post on my blog because life has been crazy with work, family events, and appearances.  The day I got home from Miss Minnesota, I drove to Hawley to see my grandma and wish my dad a happy Father's Day.  Then, I drove to Hawley again on Wednesday to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday party!  She looked amazing.



On Friday I drove to Perham for the Turtle Fest Parade.  My boyfriend was kind enough to let me use his truck and my dad has been my wonderful driver for nearly every parade I have been in for the past several years.  Saturday I drove to Lake Park for another family event, a baby shower!  My cousin Anthony and his girlfriend just had a baby boy in April, Anthony Richard IV.  He is so adorable and has crazy hair that sticks straight up on its own.



Proud father!

Sunday was a long day.  I attempted to go to the Miss Marshall County pageant, but ufortunately I never made it.  I left early to make the three drive to where I thought the pageant was, Middle River.  As I approached the town of 300 people I tried to guess where the pageant was based on the amount of cars parked outside.  I drove around and did not see anything, so I decided I would ask the gas station attended, but the gas station was closed.  I then tried to call some people to figure out the location of the pageant. The fourth person I called told me the pageant was held in Stephen so I asked the first and only person I saw in Middle River how to get to Stephen.  I was told it was 30 minutes away and to go east.  After 30 minutes I came to a T, which was never mentioned in her directions.  Now it is time to call my dad and figure out where I am or which way I should turn.  After five minutes of talking, he realizes that I went east and not west where Stephen is actually located.  By this time it was pouring, I had one working windshield wiper, I was wearing a nice dress in heels and I was nearly 45 minutes late for the pageant and still an hour away from Stephen.  I attempted to drive to Stephen and half way there, my other windshield wiper stopped working. I could see the lines, but it was blurry so once in awhile I had to pull over and clear off the rain.  I decided to just go back home when I got to Middle River since my wipers were not working and I was nearly out of gas.  I finally made it back to Thief River Falls so I could get food, go to the bathroom, and fill up with gas.  While I was there, one of my friends that I called about the pageant called me back.  I asked if she was at the pageant, who won, and of course, where it was located.  She informed me that the pageant was in MIDDLE RIVER!  So I was in the right town and on time for the pageant.  The reason the other girl thought it was in Stephen is because it was there last year and the Marshall County pageant switches between towns every year. Go figure!  It was very frustrating at that moment when I was driving around northwestern Minnesota for eight hours, but now I just look at it as a learning experience.  I can now tell anyone which towns are between Fargo and Middle River! : )  Even though I was not there to tell her in person, I want to wish Katie Peterson a warm welcome into the Miss Minnesota, America system!

Always,
Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson
Miss Moorhead, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment